Thursday, May 25, 2006

We're edging forward.....


This photo was taken on Mother's Day. No - I'm not sad, as a matter of fact I barely thought about it until the waitress offered a free glass of bubbly to "Mums". I didn't know what to say - but my precious Dad did - he ordered one for me and went on to make sure the waitress knew exactly what was happening. Thanks Dad - you made me feel special. At least I believe I can say with certainity that this WILL BE my LAST Mother's day where I don't have a child to hold in my arms (although I think I thought that last year!!!)

Another round of allocations (referrals) have come through (yesterday). This time they are through to the 15th June, which means China made it through 9 days this time. Not great - but not bad either. I feel the best I have felt for most of the year today. I don't know why - I think I've just come to terms with waiting. My guestimate at this stage is that we will get allocation in October (late) and travel in December. I can cope with that.

We've officially made the decision to move to Mt. Beauty in the foothills of Falls Creek in mountain country Victoria. We are both very excited, although I'm a little more reserved than Gra. It means separation from family for me - at a time when I was really looking forward to being an "at home" Mum and spending time with my sister and sister-in-law. All I can say is that God knows - I don't. The part I love is selecting all the kitchen/colours/tiles etc for the new home. I laugh when I walk past Ebony's room at home and see all the work I put into it and knowing she may never actually sleep in it now! Gosh life is funny.
We've decided to go ahead with life as if the adoption isn't happening - that way we just continue to plan and when it happens we'll make everything fit together. I don't know how, but again I know God does.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Lizzie appreciated all the effort you went to for her. She slept in there to represent her cousin! Maybe when they're older they can have a good laugh about it together!

Anonymous said...

Ricky said....... 25/5/06
10.45 am
Bernie made me aware on your updated blog yesterday,funny I checked on Sunday and nothing new at that stage.
It was nice to finish your short stay we had with you on Mother's Day when we had lunch together at Metung and saying( bye for now, X )from a restaurant doesn't seem so bad as from home when you just stand there left behind when loved one's have gone home.!
I started reading the blog from the top of the page and then realised to read updates, I had to start from the bottom,perhaps this is the Chinese way is it?
The red thread reminds me of the strength of a spider's thread, sometimes you walk into one and boiinggg you almost bounce off it. Beautifully compared don't you agree??????.
We are away Tues 31/5 on our 7 weeks up north,oohhhhhhhhh poor us.
but I will try and get hold of a computer to check blog updates.We will be suffering ebay withdrawel between the two of us.
Must away and get packing.
Love to you both........Ma.XX

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
It's Jacinta (as in Jacinta and Renn from sharons House).
I loved your entry from Wednesday.....and you know I love the fact that your going to Mt.Beauty. Afterall the Happy Valley (other side where Bright is) is my original home. You'll have to met me one day when I go up there to catch up with family and friends.

It's nice to know that the N-E vic is blossoming it's own collection of ICA families. :)
Thinking of you and I love your blog.

Jacinta

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
michigan best mortgage rate income tax forms computer skill games domains bookings instant bets rogaine frontal hair loss coach handbags backpacks credit card merchants small business call center barcelona xenical buy real estate loans