Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 is finally here!

Now it’s finally arrived! The year we will bring our daughter home to live with us. I can’t describe the excitement I feel. I’m going to be a Mum! Here’s what I wrote in the early hours of Christmas Eve morning in the form of an email to the FCC (Families with Children from China) group:

[Hello everyone - here I am wide awake at 3.45 in the morning! Just thinking and dreaming of what next Christmas will be like. It has been a journey of some 25 years where there has been so much pain, surgery, invasive procedures, tears and frustration and now I sit here and can truly contemplate a year ahead when I will actually become a "Mum". It's hard to comprehend, yet I feel like my whole life has led me to this place. Finally I'm allowing myself to feel excited and it's the most wonderful feeling. This is the first Christmas for so, so many years, that I can feel real, deep, unexplainable joy and it's the most wonderful feeling. I can't even imagine what it will feel like when we see the photo of the child that has been chosen for us - the one that I know will be worth every moment of the wait. So here's to all my friends out there in FCC land - no matter what stage you are at - and there are many. The time is coming - and it will be here before we know it. To the first time Mums (& Dads), the second time Mums (& Dads) and the Mums (& Dads) in waiting - have a beautiful Christmas either with your precious family or whilst you are waiting with eager anticipation. Bless you all for your incredible wisdom and support - I don't think I could have done this journey as well without you - as a matter of fact, I know I couldn't have! Jen (& Graham) Boote Batch 22 3.55am 24/12/2005]

Welcome to 2006 my precious daughter – wherever you are - I know you are alive and waiting somewhere and I’m feeling REALLY alive and desperately waiting for you!....oh! and by the way - we've decided on a name! but it's a secret for the time being........

Thank you God for Your faithfullness to us . Without You, none of this would be possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been excited at the start of the new year and all that will mean for you guys. I just know that God will continue to bless you on this special journey - the wait will be worth it! Love you guys lots. Bern

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you guys a bit, and even praying a little, although it never came up in conversation over the holiday break. I guess that even though there are many other things to talk about, this is possibly the biggest thing in the foreseeable future, and it would consume much of your thoughts and energy. Looking forward to the final result, just around the corner now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Greetings and a Happy New Year to you and Graham. Just wanted to send along my congratulations and prayers for the wonderful gift that will soon be coming into your lives.

"Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. Lift up your eyes round about, and see; they all gather together, they come to you. Your sons will come from afar, and your daughters will be carried in the arms. Then you will see and be radiant, and your heart will thrill and rejoice." Isaiah 60:1,4

Can't wait to see the pictures. Blessings!

Eric

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen and Graham,
in your long awaited time to become parents I know that God will bless you both immensly with more that what your heart desires. I cannot explain the feeling of becoming a parent for the first time other than an absolute miracle and a preciious gift from God as you look into the eyes of a child for the first time. So pure and innocent.
You both display amazing and beautiful qualities of being parents to our children which I appreciate immensly. You point out things that even we don't see for which I am very greatful.
I too am looking forward to the times ahead to visiting and spending much time with you both in the lead up and after this new arival.
God Bless
Teresa