Sunday, January 29, 2006

Well - I've never been very good at keeping secrets......
We've decided on the name "Ebony Grace" for our daughter! I had a huge list of names - which I didn't think would happen - then I came across a photo of little friend of mine from some years ago and her name was Ebony. I mentioned it to Graham and he felt really comfortable with it! The second name bears no explanation I'm sure.
It's Saturday today and we've just finished painting half the inside of our home. We started early in January. Ebony's room is done and it's just wonderful. I'll try and post a photo when I can.
The journey to Ebony is slowing down a bit - it seems the China program is becoming very popular and the result is longer waits. Although I felt a bit frustrated at first - I've settled back into accepting it and am just enjoying preparing our home for the arrival of this precious little girl. I'm probably not bubbling over in the same way I was at Christmas time, but I know that time will come again. We're expecting to receive allocation (this will be when we get a copy of her file including a photo) in approximately May and then we'll travel about 7 weeks later.
I'll keep you posted!
Jen

1 comment:

Ricky said...

HI Jen. This is my 3rd contact with you today.I was scanning through the many emails because we have been away this week and presto what did I see??
Your blog page.I got tears in my eyes when I saw the photo of Ebony's room, to think I was so close to it last week and restrained myself from going in there until you'll show me yourself. It looks so beautiful,Jen you've done such a great job.Looking forward to seeing it all in the flesh soon.Love to you both.Ma.X