Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Growing ub (that's how Ebony says 'up')

What an amazing week or so it has been. After the trauma of my last post we have been to Geelong for the weekend for Graham's son Daniel's wedding. Ebony was beautifully looked after by my Brother, Sister-in-law and their two girls and everything went so well until Beccy accidentally woke Ebony while we were gone and I had to make a dash back to the Caravan Park where we were staying to get her sobs under control and get her back to sleep. I don't know that I can express that feeling of driving as quickly as is legal to get to her knowing she was distressed and then the overwhelming feeling of having her handed to me so upset and calming down straight away. It was a sad kinda beautiful....I'm sure most will understand.
We also had a visit to the Speech Therapist last week and she must have hit 'the switch' 'cause Ebony hasn't looked back (either that or spending time with her cousins on Saturday!). She's now clearly (and finally!) saying mumumum (yipee!), ub, almost Amen, starting to try and sing along to 'twinkle, twinkle little star', still clearly saying dad, nana and ta. I also asked her tonight if she wanted her bath and she took my hand and led me to the bath! She's a smart little girl that's for sure.
So much development and change happening. I'm now really seeing signs of a toddler and it feels like it's happening overnight. I'm not ready - and yet I am. This is such a gorgeous stage and I'm just loving watching Ebony change and blossom into a beautiful little girl. She says 'ta' for almost everything...although she doesn't always get what she asks for! She's still sleeping really well - 12 hours overnight and 1-2 during the day. She LOVES outside - we have a real outdoors girl - which is great considering we are both outdoors people. We're actually planning to take her on her first 'camping weekend' this weekend. I'll post when we return home.
By the way...did I mention she LOVES outdoors! Enjoy some photo's of my little best friend....they are of Ebony at the local winery where we were with friends - Ebony and I just before Dan's wedding - Ebony on the deck at our current home and Ebony having lunch on the kitchen bench at the new house.



1 comment:

Jim said...

I love the pictures! Ebony is sure looking like a big girl. Her and Anna could have a real conversation right now! Anna is a jabber jaws as well right now. I also love the hands pictures!