Saturday, August 21, 2010

Party day at last!

Ebony was SO excited. She has been really anticipating this holiday - like never before. She asked questions ALL morning until it was finally time to go.

She had the most wonderful party and all the children seemed to truly enjoy it. The first hour seemed to go very slowly and then it was all over!

I couldn't have done it without the help of, particularly Kat and Susan - they were diamonds! This was my first attempt at a party (and my last at such a big one!). The amazing thing about the country is how the invited children come complete with their siblings! I hadn't really counted on that (and there ended up being a LOT of them). One sweet friend actually called me and asked, but the rest just see it as normal. I probably would too if I had more than one child! I didn't mind at all and thankfully it all worked out and I don't think anyone missed out - but I must say a party for 18 ended up being more like a party for 30!

Here's some memories of a wonderful day for my darling girl.

Before the fun began!


The Cake - this had been a bit of a nightmare for me. I had decided to make the cake the night before and left it way too late. I went to carry it into the laundry where it was a bit cooler for overnight - only to have the top section collapse! I took it very well - through it in the bin and went to bed. Got up the next morning and thankfully it all came together beautifully in the end!


it wasn't my choice of cake - but Eb was very happy....


then the excitement started! - it's so beautiful to watch the joy of a little girl without a care. It's EXACTLY the way childhood should be.....




more food made by me!






Then some party fun started!




Presents were really interesting! the children bombarded Eb and she was a bit overwhelmed...I had to try and 'manage' the children 'cause they all wanted her to open their present!




pass the parcel....


then it was cake time....


Jade watned to be part of the candles too :)




then it was all over so we had a family snap or two ....




No comments: