Monday, May 27, 2013

Life at 7 and 3/4ers

It's only 3 months from the last post....but there's a lot of change.

You love almost everything .... but you do have a great sense of right and wrong.  You are learning what it is to be offended and to offend.  You are sensitive when things happen that you know will hurt others.

We have had some tough times as a family.....but I'm grateful that you are mostly unaware.  If mummy has cried you will come and hug me.  That is all I need.  If I'm stressed and not coping as well, you say to me "take a big breath mummy".  How could I not smile at that.  Now I'm teaching you that the best thing to do when you feel stressed or pressured....is to pray.

Tonight, as we were driving home, you were talking to me about tennis and you said 'myself taught me how to.....'  I smiled big because it's such a sweet thing to say.  There's lots you are aware of now and lots you still struggle to get your tongue around.....but you are getting there.  Your reading is great (although Mrs. Franzke has decided to put you back to level 19 so you pick up the story lines better and can retell) and I'm delighted with how you are taking your weekly spelling challenge in your stride.  At first, if you got a word wrong, you would fall apart.  Now you are learning that it's ok to get it wrong first..... perseverance will get you there.  Such a big thing for a little girl to learn.

You love gymnastics, which you started this term, and you are really enjoying tennis still.  These are the two things we will be sticking with.  Tennis will stop in June and resume later in August (it's just toooo cold here!).  It will be nice, in the cold months, to only go out once a week.

I pray you find a very special little friend.....someone you feel comfortable with always.  There is one little girl you love....but she has a best friend and this causes problems at times.

We have no idea what the future will hold.  Our home is on the market and we are considering a move to Bendigo....but we will wait and see what seems right.  It's a very big decision.

We get on so well and I cherish those times when you just want a 'huggle'.  Where you wrap your little arms around my neck and just rest there.  In the mornings, when you don't really feel up to going to school (this only started this year and only because you are struggling at school) you will come and put your head on me and just rub into me like you want to hide.  We talk it through and then you are better.  We have been for a ride after church the last 2 Sunday's and it has been so much fun.  You have giggled and sang your way through the whole 12kms.  You love it.  Daddy was able to join us the last time and that was extra fun.  We take a picnic lunch and eat that before we head off.  The lovely things we can do as a family together make my heart sing.

You still love TV (you'd watch it all day if I let you!), but we only watch it occasionally   Never before school (that would definitely make us late!).  You are enjoying the app 'Dragon Skies' on the iPad....I find it frustrating....but you persevere!.  You are also really enjoying colouring and making books with your colouring.  You like to re-write books that you read and your skills with colouring are coming along beautifully.

You like all things pink and princess....and I'm so glad!  That's the sort of little girl I always dreamed I'd have.  You are starting to dress yourself a bit more these days and you are attempting to do your own hair! (that's fun to see :).  We have even started a 'reward' chart for you now and you are (at the moment) enjoying the challenge.  It is time for some responsibility I'm afraid sweetheart!  You love to sleep-in these days.....most days I have to wake you from a deep sleep at 7.30am....I'm not looking forward to the teenage years although I should have known after the way you slept as a toddler!

I know the little cherub who adores her mummy is not going to be here forever.  I pray you will still adore me....but I know it will look different.  Today...all I can do....is cherish the now.

love
Mummy xxx


No comments: