Thursday, March 29, 2007

And now for an Ebony update too!

I've just done an entry on the progress of the home - so 2 entries today.
What can I say about my little girl????? She gave me another kiss this morning....such joy for me!...a week between them, but I don't care :) She continues to give hugs (when she feels like it) and she is still only saying a few words...although I think she's adding 'up' to that.
She's also climbing heaps! and on everything...very normal I'm sure, but also very frightening at times!
We traveled to my Mum and Dad in Lakes Entrance on the weekend - left Friday and returned Monday. We all had a wonderful - relaxing time together. Ebony got to go for lovely walks with her Pa and, although she was a bit slower to come around to Nan - it's only a matter of time. If we'd had one more day I think it would have made the difference. I know she will come to adore both of them.
Ebony has grown 3.5cm and put on .5kg since we received her - looks like she could be tallish by Chinese standards. I feel like she's growing before my eyes (obviously!). Already clothes I love aren't fitting as well. Welcome to motherhood again.
We visited the local Maternal Health Nurse last Thursday - 2 days after Ebony turned 19 months and Sue is very happy with her. She wants me to concentrate on her fine motor skills with her hands - so we've been working on that. We joined the toy library so we have access to lots of lovely toys now.
Ebony's still not really well - she's on her second lot of antibiotics for a chesty cold - (how horrible is it forcefully giving a child oral drops!!!!!) she hates it and so do I.
Ebony is an absolutely wonderful sleeper - she has slept 10am to noon and then 3.15 to 5 today...most ever. She still sleeps about 12 hours overnight and around 2 during the day. She's starting to wake at night a bit (crying or even screaming last night) - this could be the beginning of 'night terrors' - something many adopted children suffer from.
Well - it's time to let you enjoy some photo's. I'm sure there's more to report - but it's time to make dinner for my family. xxx



1 comment:

Jim said...

Ebony, your as cute as ever! Where did you get such a sweet smile. And your eyelashes, oh my! I think Anna has you beat in the chubby cheek catagory, though, sorry. Do you think Anna will ever have hair like that? We can hope!