Friday, March 02, 2007

How did I ever get this lucky?

I can't believe it when I look into Ebony's eyes. I can't believe it when the babyseat is empty and I'm in the car alone. I can't believe it when I see my little girl grab her doll or a soft toy and give it a hug. I can't believe it when I see her try to 'kiss' her daddy in her special 'bless you' book that has a photo of her daddy in it. I can't believe it when she put's her tiny little hand in mine and looks up to me with joy in her eyes. I can't believe it when I watch or listen to her playing contentedly on her own - just wandering from toy to toy or place to place. I can't believe it when she runs to my open arms and throws herself into them. I can't believe it when I look at the joy on her face when her daddy comes home and the sadness when he leaves. I can't believe it when she looks up at me with trust and her face changes to a beautiful smile that takes in every bit of her face - not just some bits like it did once. I can't believe it when I see her eat sweet potato, beans, spinach, zucchini and corn in one sitting! (all mashed together). I can't believe it when she happily goes to slelep without a sound (especially if it happens to be in my arms). I can't believe it when she says 'ta' when she wants something. I can't believe that she is mine - that she will be mine for ever....how did I get this lucky?

3 comments:

Ricky said...

Jen, You say I can't believe it !!!
But I can !!! It is true!! It has happened an we thank God every day for it!!!! Thank you again for posting your blog ,it is so great.
Ebony is developing sooo beautiful and I love hearing the progress she has made since yesterday.
Since having Ebony as our grand- daughter it almost feels that all things in my life are complete,now that all our married children have a family of themselves the journey continues to the next generation.
Only 3 weeks today and we'll have you visit us here at Lakes, can't wait but the time will go fast and you'll be here in no-time.
Enjoy every day and keep feeling
LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots O love to you 3 XXX......Ma

Andrea said...

She is gorgeous!! You are lucky!!

Anonymous said...

Hi hi - yes you sure are lucky ;) and just keep on enjoying it -
I feel just the same way every day - every minute :)
Love to you all - Kitta and family in Iceland ;)