Monday, March 19, 2007

Has it really been 12 weeks today?

Yes...it has. 12 weeks ago today we held our beautiful daughter in our arms for the first time and tomorrow she turns 19 months. Since my last post I have finally looked at the video of our time in China. Graham and I looked at our 'Forever Day' video tonight and both wept. I can't believe the little girl we have today is the same girl we picked up on that day. She was so scared and so quiet - very different to the little girl I hold in my arms today. Ebony is confident, fun - not at all shy - puts on the charm for others and gets really excited when she gets attention. It's such fun to watch. I love her with an inexpressible love. Today she kissed me properly for the very first time. Over the last few days she has started to REALLY hug me. When I get her up in the morning she just snuggles into me. My heart melts and tears come to my eyes very quickly.
Ebony is changing and growing and I can't do anything to stop that....but I can love and enjoy it. There is little sweeter than when she comes into the kitchen and just buries her little head into my legs and wraps her arms around them. She just loves it when either of us spend time on the floor with her. I can't describe the feelings I have in my heart. I can't believe 12 weeks has already gone. I love this little girl more and more every day. I love the toys I trip over, the face I wipe dry after her bath, the hand that keeps seeking mine, the smile that appears on her face as soon as she sees me in the morning....the list goes on and on.
Well - time for some photo's. And yes, we are still building our home (sorry Tawni it's taken a while to get photo's!) so I'll include some of them too. For now....enjoy our little blessing.








4 comments:

Ricky said...

My Princess granddaughter is getting more beautiful every day!! I'll be able to see that for myself this weekend as they are coming to pay us a visit at Lakes Entrance.We'll have a great time getting to know one another and to see Jen really in action being a Mum.It's all Good!!!
With love and cuddles from,Ma XXX

Tawni said...

Tanks for the update on the house Jen - it's wonderful! I bet you are so excited!

Ebony is absolutely beautiful and although I live all the way around the world I love her! She is an absolute JOY! Thanks for letting me live through you!!

t

Jim said...

What a pretty dress! Ebony is a princess for sure!
Susan J.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - what a beautiful photos of litle Ebony :) she´s wonderful. Yes - I´m going through the same things you are talking about and enjoying to see her grow and live each day to her fullest :)
Best wishes and hugs - Kitta & family in Iceland