Monday, June 18, 2007

A new place to call home

Yes, we are finally settled in our new home.
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. The photo's below will tell you why to some extent. The first morning we woke in the new home we felt like we must have been on holidays. The mountains were covered in snow and all we could see looking from our bed was the snow capped mountains and the clear blue sky. It was like being in heaven. Each day is so different - the views are seldom identical - even though mountains don't change.
I've visited our block SO many times - I've worked there - I've celebrated Ebony's allocation on the deck there - I've gardened - I've cleaned - I've done lots and lots over the past 10 months. But nothing prepared me for how spectacular the views are from behind glass and in front of a warm fire or tucked away in bed. It's amazing and it's indescribable. I hope the photo's will do it justice.
I've unpacked every box and almost everything is in a place. I've hung most of my pictures...just need my dad back home so he can make me some more frames for the photo's I've taken!
It has been a very exhausting experience and that's taken away some of my joy. The afternoon before we were due to move in, the cleaners I had organised to clean the place in preparation for us - pulled out. I was devastated. I still can't work out how someone could do that. It was very cold and wet and there was no heating there - but I had to rug my little girl up and take her there with me and clean windows, window sills, wardrobes, bathrooms. The house had not been cleaned at all since it had been exposed to the elements during the building process. I was already exhuasted from gardening and packing and it almost tipped me over the edge. But after a bit of a 'bad attitude' session, I picked myself up and dusted myself off and got stuck into it. It came up looking great - although I have a couple of things to address here and there - but it's done. I ended up paying someone to do the more professional job of the windows inside and out once we were in which helped.
Anyway - I'm in Melbourne at the moment, but am really looking forward to getting home at the end of the week and enjoying my new home with a more rested body and and much better state of mind.
Enjoy some photo's of our slice of heaven.





1 comment:

Lisa and Shane said...

Jen - the house looks beautiful and what amazing views. I haven't popped in for a while. You look like you're doing well, and it must be great to be in your new house (ours is another couple months away). Lisa