Monday, June 25, 2007

Now it's 22 months and 6 months home

The clock keeps ticking....the days come and go....I'm saying goodbye to my baby and hello to my toddler..........am I ready? absolutely no way...not at all.
It's been a bit more difficult this month.....for many, many reasons.
Moving hasn't helped. We had to plant out our garden before we moved and then we moved over 2 weekends and packed/unpacked either side of the weekends, so it was 5-6 weeks of really hard work. Hard on my body and hard on my little girl. So many 'ubs' that had to be answered with a 'no' because my arms were full of boxes/plants/furniture. It broke my heart and has definitely had an effect on her. I haven't had the 'normal' time I would have for her and I can pick it in the way she is. I know it will pass - but at the moment I'm grieving the relationship we had. I'm grieving losing my baby girl too. I just don't feel ready to let go. It seems like only yesterday she was still a baby - and I'm so grateful that I was able to experience that stage - but now she is no longer a baby, she's a true toddler. She's growing up so quickly physically too. She's gained almost a cm per month since she was placed in our arms and she has finally added a kg to her weight. She's also finally in size '1'.
But having said all that - my love for her grows and grows. She is starting to give beautiful 'kisses' now. Not hugging much - but kisses to die for.
Her vocabulary still hasn't changed a lot - but I know it won't be too long. She's getting very frustrated because she can't get her point across and I know that is the precursor to finding the words. It hasn't been easy on her hearing one language for 16 months and then changing. She's adapted amazingly.
She is certainly becoming more independent. Yuck!!! and yet yes I know - it's all good. She still eats almost anything and still LOVES being outside. It's now getting VERY cold here in Mt. Beauty so we can't go outside except on those beautiful winters days. We've gone for a few walks together and I've let her walk (run actually!) down the hill from home. She just giggles the whole way.
We had her dedicated on Sunday and it was a truly special occasion for us. So, so many people came along to see her dedicated and we managed to catch up with many people we hadn't seen before. Ps. Allan at Careforce was kind enough to do Ebony's dedication - which was very special for me having been his PA for a few years and having traveled some part of my journey with him. I was delighted to be able to do this at Careforce and am grateful to them for 'fitting us in' a non-scheduled week at late notice. She is now 'officially' dedicated to God and that makes me very, very content.
Here are some current photo's of my little toddler for you all to enjoy....



3 comments:

Missy said...

Hi Jen,
Your little Ebony is so beautiful. I love her little teeth! I just love hearing about what Ebony is up to - she's just 3 days younger than my littlest boy you know. So reading your blog is like a little look into the present and the future. Please keep writing, we waiting parents depend on it!!! One day...

Blondie said...

My mother always said that kids grow up too fast... I guess she was right. Love the photos.

:) blondie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen and family :) - what a beautiful photos of little Ebony and the videos too :) just wonderful to see her running and enjoying herself.
Congratulations with the new house :) looks soo great.
Hope you are doing well over there - love and hugs, Kitta & family ;)