Tuesday, February 05, 2008

First trip to Melbourne for 2008

Ebby and I embarked on our first 2008 trip to Melbourne the first weekend in February. We had a horror trip down. Eb fell asleep and then was woken when I had to brake suddenly because there were emergency vehicles on our side of the road for an accident on the other side of the road...and absolutely no warning! She was hysterical and I had to stop twice and nothing would settle her - so I high-tailed it to the closest (not even nearly close enough!) road house where I got her a bottle and let her stretch her legs - thankfully she settled after that.

We arrived at Chris, Ruth and Suixi Mei's and we had a lovely evening (albeit it late for Eb and Mei). The next morning we headed of to another of Eb's Suixi buddies - Camille and her mum and dad Vicki and Camille (Millie). The girls had fun although they're still parallel playing which is normal for this age and also because they hadn't seen each other for a while. Camille's cousin Chloe was there too and she's so good with the girls.


Ebby and Camille playing





These two are of Eb playing with Chloe

We took of from there and headed to a friends surprise 60th Birthday and that was great - so many people that hadn't even met Ebony yet - it was lovely and I'm glad we went.

We then took the trek back across town to visit yet another of the Suixi girls - Eliza and her mum and dad Kate and Jim. There we stayed the night and the girls had fun - probably played a bit better this time. We had a lovely time once again....but it went far too quickly.




Eb and Eliza at play and eating...


Sunday morning we headed back across town again to our friends Steve, Sandi and Molly who leave the next weekend to go to China to pick up their darling SON. Yes! a boy in our midst. I really can't wait to meet this little guy and to see his new 'big sister' Molly (7) be the best sister a little guy could have. What an adventure they have ahead of them....I'm totally jealous and would love to be there! Sandi was so exhausted - but we had a wonderful time all the same. Eb and I headed of Monday with me totally exhausted too. We even popped in to see Suixi buddy no. 4 - Meiya and her mum and dad Col and Mandy in Benalla on the way home so mummy could have a break (and to see Meiya of course!).






And now with Molly

Another great weekend - although I really do have to change how I do things if I'm going to enjoy the trips to Melbourne. 3 nights - 3 different beds....never again! xx

No comments: