Saturday, September 13, 2008

Now I'm getting slack!....and Brown Bear, Brown Bear

I've just downloaded photo's from my camera and have been devastated to find that there are only today's photo's! This has been unheard of since we got our girl. My gosh! 6 days without a photo....then I remember that I found my 2 'un'digital camera's and also had to buy a chemist version of a camera this week because for the first time I left my good camera at home when we went to Mt Hotham last Tuesday, so all the photo's - at the moment - are on 'unobtainable' camera's! I'm trying to use up the films so I can try and sell the camera's. Anyway I took a few this morning of my little treasure. We've had such a fun week in many ways - we've travelled over to Mt. Hotham (1 hr 20 mins) to see wonderful friends of ours on Tuesday. It was incredibly beautiful over there - you have to see it to believe it. The snow is so incredible this year. We've also seen our little cherub grow amazingly with her language. Came up to me one day this week and said 'what you doing Mummy?' - I couldn't believe it. She also asks 'what wong?' when she picks that tone in my voice that suggests something isn't right. Today we took a very quick trip into Albury to help out a friend of mine and then I worked then got home and worked in the garden. Today is the first day I've happily gone and worked outside because it's been too cool - it has been so beautiful and to watch Ebony playing outside made both of us realise just how much she is growing up. She plays differently and she communicates so much better than she did the last time we were out in the garden together. She is so well mannered and mostly she will ask nicely (if she doesn't and I prompt her she quickly does...ie water peese Mummy and then she'll say tankou Mummy). She's amazing and we're very proud of this side of her - the hard side is the independent three year that seems to have appeared .... the one that doesn't like not getting her own way. It's quite a challenge and Ebony has had a LOT of 'quiet time' in the past week. I know it's a stage and as hard as it is I'm sure we'll be glad we tackled it now. I hate seeing those unhappy tears - but I know it will be well worth it in years to come. She's really just trying to communicate and getting frustrated AND she's finding her own will. I don't want to 'break her spirit' but I do need her to have boundaries.


The shots I took today - one blurred but both beautiful I think!

Anyway - on another note - have you heard of the book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear?" - it was given to us by Eb's Suixi buddy Camille and it's the BEST book. Ebony can now practically read it to us and it REALLY makes me smile when she does. I'll try and capture it on video if I can.
Here's a photo of the book.....

2 comments:

Chelley said...

oh no 6 days


oh you are getting slack LOL!!! what do you think this is bush week?!?!!?

Better make up and get clicking

quick go and take soem while she is asleep

Cristina said...

Beautiful photos of Ebony, Jen. She is SUCH a cutie!!
Cristina xx