Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First camping trip for 2011

It's so funny the way things happen. We managed to get away from home at a decent hour for once!!!! and then we had drama after drama trying to find a campsite! I'm a bit fussy because I like to be 'on our own' and not in amongst the crowds. We had planned to stop about an hour and a 1/2 from home and ended up traveling almost 4 hours because EVERY campsite we came to was full! It got to the stage where Graham was pulling the car over and I would trek down to the river to see if a site was free - which it never was!

When we finally found a site in a communal area - we were parked right beside two girls camping so we pointed the camper trailer in an odd position so we wouldn't impose on them. You can imagine my thoughts when EVERY SINGLE other campsite went home the next morning! We weren't changing our location - but I've learned that you just don't camp the weekend after New Year!

Anyway - we had a lovely time in the end - just the 3 of us. Beautiful weather - 3 nights - gorgeous meals (I even did a lamb roast one night!). It was great. Graham caught a few fish and Ebony loved being near the water...but still not too much time in it! I ended up sitting on the 'banana lounge' near the water (it got quite hot) and relaxed and read and had a lovely time!

Here's some photo's of our trip....

Well...she did get in a bit!




and here's one of the fish...


A view of our campsite from the road...yes that is a shower and it was it's first to and I loved it!


bubbles were a favorite!


and I love these few taken amongst the wildflowers...the first one Ebony is actually trying to catch a grasshopper for daddy...


and here she is holding one daddy caught...


I love this one.....




Eb was enthralled by the caterpillars...


and had lots of fun glitter painting...


and even got to watch a dvd while Mummy had a relaxing read and Daddy had a fish!


and some fun video's !











No comments: