Monday, January 01, 2007

A brand new year

...and who would have thought a year ago today that I would be in China this New Year with a beautiful new blessing from God in the form of Ebony.
I must mention that I can't get on emails at the moment because of the cable that has been damaged through the incident in ?Taiwan? I'll be back on line as soon as possible - but can't at the moment!
I don't want to talk a lot about what we did today - I just want to talk about the joy in my heart. The song that is there and wasn't before. I'm so 'filled' by this little girl who really doesn't understand or know me yet. She looks into my eyes now and I can see her confusion. I can read her pain and yet her joy. She is confused and there are times when I know she doesn't know how to express herself.
In her allocation photo's she was waving (look back on the posts around the 8/9th November) and we thought it was so sweet - now it is part of every day. She is the only one of the six that do this hand movement and we're told it's a game - but we love it to bits and so do the rest of the group. It's become her signature. The signature of a beautiful, happy and very sweet child. Yes she has her moments - but her general nature is incredible. We couldn't be happier.
I had to go and do some shopping for a few hours today and I truly missed her - I missed our family. It's a wonderful and special feeling and we could never go back to where we were - we will NEVER be the same. She is already filling our lives to overflowing. I know there will be difficult times in the future - but that will be when it will be - it's isn't now. Now it's just joy in the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My darling little family.
Last thing at night I look at the websites for more news and photo's also tried to skype you twice with no luck.I wake up each night around 4 am and it's like a raging hunger in my heart I can't look quick enough to devour the news or look at the snaps.Quick what can I see first!!!!.
Jen to see you with that beautiful gorgeous little darling in your arms that melts my heart.Oh! what a longgggg wait it has been and for me as your Mum,it's been every bit worth the wait.Can.t wait to see and hold her and have those beautiful eyes look at me.God has been soooooo faithful to see the journey completed. No more sad Mothers days or Christmas days it has all come together at last. I so well remember your words when your brother Mark , My Pal was born, you were nursing him and said(Can't wait till I have my own!!!!) You were 13 years old and Oh what practice you and Di had on Pal.You loved him to death and still do.
Must get back to bed now,keep on skyping,posting news and snaps of you 3, I'm always hungry as you well know for food as well as news.
May God give you more peace each day as you bond as a family.
Allllll my love .........Ma.XXX