Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Freedom

We had our first day of freedom yesterday and another one today. What a blessing. Our little girl slept for almost 3 hours! We are delighted more and more each day with the progress she is making. It would be very easy to think that she is coping completely. But I'd be a fool. She has had such major adjustment and at her age it's even harder. She is so much fun, but she can turn from fun to tears in seconds (yes I can hear all the mums saying that's normal :). I just keep observing. She is such a fun little girl and yet when we took her down to the playroom yesterday, she was very subdued. She's still not walking really. But she's very, very close. We just took it very easy yesterday and didn't venture far from home. Today we're going to the local department store and then back to the souvenir shop to have a bit of a better look around. Then mummy's doing a final shop before we leave here. We will be posting one box home for sure! Life is so much fun with Ebony in it - this last week has been totally filled with the high of highs and the low of lows - with confusion - joy - tears - laughter - pain - overwhelming love - uncertainty - tiredness - completness - and a peace that can only come (for me) through knowing all these emotions through my daughter.

4 comments:

Chelley said...

oh I have so enjoyed reading and looking at your photos!!

You are so so blessed... Enjoy your days of rest!!!
and remember you will soon be on your way home with you new little one! HUGZ

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, Graham and beautiful Ebony.
Ebony is just 'zhen ke'ai' (really cute) zhen piaoliang (really beautiful).
It will be wonderful when you are all home, just to enjoy each other without the travelling stress.
thinking of you until then.
Jen I will email you in a week or so. Just settle back in first.

Jacinta

Lisa and Shane said...

Hi Jen and Graham,

I have just read your travel log and looked at your wonderful photos - that have me crying at my desk at work. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter, she is so sweet. Enjoy your days off with Ebony (and thanks for the tip about requesting them - I was exhausted just reading!)

Lisa
LID 06.06.06 (NSW)

redmaryjanes said...

What a beautiful post. I wish you all the best. She is just beautiful.