Saturday, January 06, 2007

Shanghai


I want to say a big thankyou to eveyone who has posted comments - I have tried to respond but now the emails are down again - so please know how grateful I am and that you will receive a response as soon as my emails come up - they are all sitting in the 'outbox'. That is if I know who you are of course! Susan J I am receiving yours but for some reason any emails I have sent to you keep bouncing! Thanks for posting though!
Well today is day 2 in Shanghai - yesterday ws the medical day and you can read about it at www.ebonysfootprints.com You may also need to look at photo's there as the connection here is SO slow - I was up until after midnight trying to post photo's on the website!
Ebony is filling our hearts with joy. She is just a gem and we learn more and more about her every day. She still isn't eating solids although she is trying a bit more than she had been which is a start. She is a great sleeper and although I know there aren't photo's of her smiling (which I hadn't realized until mum pointed it out) she does smile! We are going to work at getting a photo at the right time today I promise.
We are back on a bus today, but at least the tours today and tomorrow are only 1/2 days. If Ebony can get her middle of the day sleep in her cot she is much, much better. It's very cold here 7 degrees today and 4 tomorrow, so we're really rugging up or the locals tell us off! They are beautiful people really - although far more beggars here than we have seen anywhere.
Well my heart continues to swell and I often find joyful tears in my eyes as I learn more and more about my daughter. Life is so different for her and yet she seems to be adjusting so well. She is still besotted with her daddy - just like I am :) I love seeing them together - it also fills my heart with such joy. What a journey - what a life ahead for us. We both are looking forward to bringing Ebony home to all the people who already love her - yet we also want to savour every moment we have here - loving her people and the Country that gave her to us.

1 comment:

Chelley said...

Sending hugz and prayers your way!!

cant wait to see more pics!!!