Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Was there really life before....

Ebony! I can't believe how this little girl fills my days. It's 10.30pm and I'm seeing photo's of her come up on my screen saver and all I want to do is wake her up and hug her and hold her to me and just love her. She's my dream - she's my reality. She's everything and I can't believe how much she is to me after only 44 days. What will it be like in a few years.
My back is so much better and I'm just loving my time with Ebony. Forget the housework! ..... (I can't believe I said that!) We've had so much fun this week. Monday we went to 'playgroup' for the first time. We both enjoyed it and my niece - Jess - who was visiting, came along and took some great photo's (she enjoyed it too!). Tuesday Ebony and I travelled into Wodonga to choose tiles and lighting for the new home. She was a gem! Didn't sleep much, but sure enjoyed her time with mummy (and mummy with her!). She also had her first attempt at saying 'mummy' - more a 'n' than a 'm' - but a start. She's also attempted kissing! So many milestones each day - I could write and write - but I'll just post some photo's for you instead!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen loving the posts!
So what did you do that helped with the whole eating thing? Or do you just think it was time?
Glad to hear your back's doing better!
Love to G and Ebony!

Jacinta (and Renn)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Lovely to get some more updates from my favourite blogger! Praise God that your back is better and you are able to fully enjoy your time with Ebony. She really has blossomed in such a short period of time. Keep up the good work!!
Blessings, Cristina xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, havent been in contact much....but I love to read your blogspot!! It really makes me feel connected and makes my day!!! So glad that you are enjoying that little ray of sunshine...she sure is cute and I can tell that she just melts your heart!!!
Love ya...Marcia

Ricky said...

Jen you are amazing how you keep adding to the blog,it sure makes me feel close to you all.Hope no more needles for Ebony now.she's had enough trauma that way.
Love ya all heaps........xxx Ma

Chelley said...

wow she is blossiming so much!

And you look both look on top of the world

Anonymous said...

Hey Family
Ebony is too cute and its amazing that she said mummy already!!! She looks sooooo happy and in love with her Mum and Dad. You both look great too!
Lots of love
Loz (Pete & Max)

Unknown said...

I stumbled across your blog while you were in China meeting Ebony for the first time! She is sooo adorable and I love to read your updates. I adopted a baby boy in Aug and he's the light of my life, so I know how much fun you are having being a new mommy!

Good luck to you. You can see the happiness in Ebony's face in the pictures you post. She is so lucky to have you guys as parents :)

Jim said...

Jen,
I am so glad you are so happy and your backis feeling better. You really have a cutie there. I would want to wake her up just to kiss her cheeks. That is how I feel with Anna, but if I were to wake her I would never get anything done, she clings to mommy.
Susan J.