Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Will this be the last time?

Things have changed so much in such a short time. That scared little girl that would kinda snuggle in at times is now going at 100 miles an hour! When she gets to sleep she sleeps really well. 10-12 hours overnight and 2-3 during the day. But getting her to sleep can be very difficult! The one thing I'm doing that I never thought I would, is staying with her until she falls asleep. If we try to leave her she just screams. My reason for doing this is because she has been surrounded by noise and children/people all her life in the Orphanage and to put her in a quiet room is really hard for her. I'm not sure how/when we'll break this pattern, but I may well wait until we're in the new home. That will be yet another adjustment for her. I need to get a portable CD player for her room so we can play music for her. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes to get her to sleep - other times it can take 3/4 to 1 hour! I think it has a lot to do with how overtired she is. The less overtired, the easier to get her to sleep. Here's photo's taken tonight of her falling asleep in my arms on the couch. This sure doesn't happen often now and I'll never know when it will be the last time - but I'll try to savor every time it does happen as if it's the last. It's trully a beautiful feeling and I could sit and watch her sleep forever.

No comments: