Tuesday, February 20, 2007

18 months old and 8 weeks with us

My little toddler is now 18 months old. We'll never know what time she was born like so many pieces of her past. But we do know one thing - that she was born for us. She fits into our family like a hand into a glove and we can't imagine life without her.
She now has 16 teeth - her eye teeth are through and so are her 1st molars. She's healthy, happy and full of fun and giggles. She still absolutely loves people (especially little ones). She's still not saying a lot, dadadad, nananan and the occasional mumumum, but she's become far more aware of words - when I say get the ball - she goes to the ball, when I say clap hands, she claps them without me doing it. She's eating lots, lots more now (mashed up vegies! yay) and fruit and custard.
It doesn't worry me in the slightest that the clothesline is barely ever empty now - there are constantly toys to step around (or fall over!) and usually a little hand wrapped around my leg. It's what I've dreamed of - what I've longed for. I don't want to waste one single moment - I'm totally besotted by my little girl. I've never found tears of joy come to my eyes so easily - I never knew you could love a child more and more with each heartbeat - I didn't know my heart was capable of this sort of love - but it is and there are so, so many more heartbeats in our future.
God truly blessed us when He gave us the gift of our little Ebony. Here's some moments for you to enjoy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, your happiness is palpable!! You and Ebony seem to be bonding so well, and I am just thrilled for you all. I so enjoy reading your updates - can't wait until I have some photos of my own precious babe to show you! Hopefully it won't be too much longer now - then I will be picking your brains for travel advice!! God bless you all.
Cristina

Ricky said...

Jen reading your blog update today makes my heart jump for joy.It is so wonderful to see you complete as a Mum.So often I've heard you say that when you hear people complain about their kids ( I get cross with that person complaining what the kids have done wrong,I would give my right arm to have the joy of having a child}
Ebony has certainly filled that spot in both you and Gra's heart.
I thank God for completing our desires of the heart,Ebony is such a treasure and I love her equally with my other 5 grandies.Keep on blogging Jen ,it a great way of keeping in touch.
........Much love to you 3 XXX..Ma.

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Your pictures are great. You look really happy.
We are home too with our daughter and she has settled in very well.
We can't imagine life without her.
Take care,
Andrea ( from Canada)

Tawni said...

I love your posts - thank you so much for sharing. I am living vicariously through you right now. Ebony is beautiful and so is her mother!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jen, just beautiful! You sound SO happy. And, HOW did you manage to bring THE most gorgeous, adorable looking child home from China??!! She is such a doll - I want to reach through the computer screen and squeeze those cheeks. Sigh... one day (but not too hard!).

Love Penny XXOO

Chelley said...

oh wow

Ebony is really such a beautifull

little child!

I love the pics so far!!! thank you so much for taking the time to share your life with all of us!!

Jim said...

Jen,
I know what you mean. Anything that has to do with kids that has sappy music makes me cry and has since my firstborn. Ebony does look like she fits perfect with you.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Jen and graham, It is so touching to see photos of you and Ebony and see the joy only a child can bring. I have only recently read all your blog and I couldn't stop crying for you, tears of sorrow and pain that now have turned into tears of great joy and hope for you both. Ebony looks like a little angel sent from God the two of you have been so blessed and both David and myself wish you both all the happiness you deserve. Good Luck with the house and all the blessings that come with being a parent. God Bless you all Mel and David Hindby..........xxxx