Monday, May 14, 2007

The day that was...Mothers Day!

What a great day it was! Believe it or not I saw Mothers Day for the first time at 12.20am! when Ebony woke up crying. I bought her into bed with us and then, after an hour, decided none of us were sleeping, so headed out to the lounge room - when, another hour later she starting saying more of her 'fun' things - I decided it was time for bed! I put her back to bed 2 hours after getting her up - at 2.20am and never heard another word until morning! I was presented with a beautiful, beautiful card from Gra and Ebony - one titled 'mummy' - the words I've LONGED to see on a card - it was beautiful.
Then it was off to Church where we experienced a beautiful heartfelt and very emotional message from our Pastor and 2 of his girls - it was very touching.
Then the fun started...we headed home for lunch, then donned our outdoor clothes and headed to the new home....just the 3 of us - and planted plants! Yep! it was great fun. Ebony slept for 2 1/2 hours while I worked in the garden and then we she woke she helped mummy and daddy in whatever they were doing. Not long after Ebony and I headed home for a bath and got ready to go out to dinner at 'The Bogong Hotel' - it was a lovely night and Ebony was very well behaved and, after staying in her highchair for over an hour, she decided it was time to entertain everyone else in the Hotel! I took great delight in watching her interact with others. It was really fun. We then headed home, took a couple of photo's and Eb went to bed while we relaxed for a while.
Nothing spectacular - just a beautiful memorable family day doing what we love and getting our home ready to move in - hopefully this weekend or next!
Ebony is growing and changing every single day. She is so much fun - I said to Gra yesterday morning that I think she's going to be quite a character and she seems to have a real sense of humour - that will be good for us all! Here's some of our fun photo's!


2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy first time Mothers Day! I was thinking of you on it and wondering how great it must be to finally have it be for you.

Vicki Goodman said...

Jen it is so wonderful to hear about your beautiful Mother's up there in Mt Beauty. It really is a special time for us new Mums. i just can't wait to see your new home it must be so exciting

Lots of love from Vicki, Tim and Camille