Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lakes Entrance/Phillip Island/Lilydale....home

Wow! what a trek it has been. Ebony and I have traveled 1500kms together and we're both so happy to be home...but it's only for a few days and then it's off to our 6 Suixi SWI girls get together in Yendon near Ballarat (I'll cover that one next!).

Lakes Entrance was great. It took 4 hours in the car which wasn't bad really. The whole family gathered for at least one night and then, on the Sunday, we celebrated Ebony's birthday (again!) as a family. It was a lovely few days - Ebony enjoyed good fun times with her cousins and with her Aunts, Uncles and Nana and Pa. We went swimming one day - which Ebony loves and other than that we barely left home - one walk and that was it - the rest of the time was spent simply enjoying my family. Here's some lovely photo's.


Having fun in Lakes Entrance

Gosh it's hard to get four girls to smile together!

My family and then ..... my family!

..and then another birthday cake!

Then came the next leg of the journey. Another 4+ hours to Phillip Island.
I had no idea what to expect of this camp for the Families with Children from China - but I was thrilled with the whole experience. The rooms were great and so was the food....but the company was the best part! I got to spend time with lots of people that I care about and people that have walked this journey with me at different stages in different ways. It was a life-changing event and I hope never to miss one. My only regret was that Gra couldn't be there - but I'm sure he will be next time.
Miss Ebony had a ball - the change in her from day one to day five was remarkable. She has always been social once she's over her shy stage - but not as social as she was by day five! She disappeared (not out of my zone) and when I caught eye contact with her she was dancing around with two other little girls - it melted my heart to see her so happy with other children - I don't think she'll ever really be the same after this week and I'm thrilled! Here are some photo's taken at the camp.


Two precious Suixi girls painting together!

We did our own photo shoot amongst the beautiful flowers

...and had lots of fun with the baby animals at Churchill Island

and then - on the last night - Ebony enjoyed the 'sea theme' as an octopus beautifully made by my mum (thanks Ma).

Sadly, I don't have photo's of my stay in Melbourne - other than the last day, on the way home, when we stopped in to visit Ebony's buddy's from Suixi - Mei and Camille. We had a lovely time with them (and their mummy's).....


Camille - the oldest by three days over Ebony....playing

Mei - the youngest of the group being her cute cheeky self

the three girls with Camille's mummy....and Mei 'stealing' the sandwiches :)

Then it was back home to Mt. Beauty...ready for the next adventure this weekend....to be continued :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the "kisses" picture!