Wednesday, October 10, 2007

12 months ago it was in my dreams.....

I don't know that I'll ever, EVER fully understand the overwhelming feelings in my heart when I look at my daughter sleeping.
I'll post soon about my trip away - but I've just been in to check on Ebony because she's unwell again with tonsillitis and it's been a tough few days for her - but how can I ever put into words how much I love her. I look at her sleeping and see her closed eyes - her raven black hair - her perfect rosebud lips - her chest going up and down as she struggles to breathe through her tiny, petite little nose. I know I've said it before - but how did I get so lucky? She's perfect - she's adorable - she's SO worth the wait. God got it right - He alone knew exactly how right she was for me and I guess me for her.
Yesterday we went for our first 'official' swimming lesson and on the way home she was so totally exhausted (we returned from over 1500kms together the night before!!!) that I actually had to stop twice on the side of the road just to soothe her and settle her. She's so beautiful - so totally special and .....I don't know what else to day except - THANK YOU LORD for the gift of this precious girl - the one I pray every day will come to know YOU as her best friend and me as her confidant and friend on this earth

No comments: