Saturday, October 27, 2007

some special things about my girl....

Ebony is growing so fast and she has some super cute ways about her...

* She loves Playschool and especially the wonderful CD her Suixi buddy Camille gave her - she loves the song 'open yut them' - I don't think you need explanation - it's very funny to watch the actions and then hear the words.

* Daddy calls her monkey and now, as soon as he does, she says 'e e e' (monkey noise)

* She knows lots of animal noises and when she says them it is a real crack up - especially the pig!

* She is just the cutest when I go into her in her cot in the morning....as soon as she sees me her face just lights up and she gives me the most precious grin.

* Whenever I change her nappy or her clothes - as soon as I stand her up she just gives me the biggest hug you could imagine.....no need to say what that does to my heart!

* She's now starting to say her name....it's 'Ebo' - another one you really have to hear to believe! She's also attempting to say the names of the other 5 Suixi girls that were adopted on the same day.

* She still loves her food ..... when she sees food - if she doesn't she rarely asks!

* She loves picking my fuschia buds of my precious plants (aargh!)

* She happily walks from our place down to the main road with me - not a long way but it's very, very steep.

* Her whole demeanor changes as soon as her eyes fall on her daddy - he's just the best!

* She can look at photos now and recognize Dada, Ebo, Pa, Nana, Bec Bec, Sizzie (Lizzie), Jess, Cis (Chris), Enee (Renee) - she's doing really, really well with her attempts at words.

* She loves her bath again and now she loves showers too.

* As soon as she sees the Nappy Bag she says 'car'.

* She's now starting to try and climb out of the bath (and learning it's not a safe thing to do!).

* She has no fear when the geese hiss at her when she's sharing around the scraps we take over to them. (well most of the time anyway).

* She loves spending time in the garden with us ...... helping (?).

* She's still in size one - but only just. Two's are just too big though!

* Her favourite game is 'chasy' around the house.

* Her favorite toy is ??? I think her lego at the moment...and Humpty Dumpty which she brings to us every morning after her bottle (yes she's still having am and pm bottles most days - misses pm a bit more now) and she wants me to sing 'Humpty Dumpty' over and over and over and over and over....get the picture???? She also has a 'learning puppy' that she loves - you push various parts of it's body and it says what it is the colour it is and then sings a well know tune. It also says 'Z(ed)' instead of 'Z(ee)' which is much more Australian!

* The first thing she says after she leaves her room in the morning now is ... "po" - short for bottle (no idea where that one came from!!!!

* She's joining in much more at playgroup now - and she's not so worried when I'm not around. I actually left her with carers for the very first time just recently while I attended a 'Positive Parenting Program'. She was just down the hall, but after she settled down (which took one visit by mummy) she was great for the rest of the time....although she was happy to see me which was lovely.

* She's just finished her 4th water familiarisation lesson and she's loving it and doing really well. Puts her head under water without tears and kicks lots.

I think that might be enough for now :) - just for some 'facts' - she's now 87cm's and 12.1kg :)

Back soon......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was sooo much fun to read! And I could so relate to so many of the milestones! Thanks for making me smile!
Love Bernie