Tuesday, August 21, 2007

2 years ago today...Ebony's destiny

a mummy had left her little baby girl - almost 2 days old - at the gates of the Yangqingno Sugar Refinery in the hope that she would be found. A world away - a waiting Mummy and Daddy were 1 day off having their file 'logged in' in China in the hope that they would be allocated the child that this Mummy had dreamed of for years and years.
Little did either mummy know their destiny.
Tears of pain were cried in China as the mummy walked away from the little girl she had carried under her heart for around 9 months. In Australia there were tears of joy for this momentous step in the China adoption journey.
Today my tears will undoubtedly mingle with her tears. I know the system in China is very different to ours and culturally the way we think about families is very different too - but nothing on this earth could convince me that this particular mummy in China would not be crying today - crying as she remembers the sadness of having to leave her birth child without any real knowledge of what would happen to her.
Somehow I pray she knows in her heart that her little girl is safe, well, happy and content.
I wish there was a way to reach out to her - but I can't.
Today I celebrate her - today I thank her - because her pain is my joy. Her loss has been one of my greatest gains. Finally I have a daughter - one perfectly suited to me - and that is because of her.
Today I pray for her because that is all I can do.

No comments: