Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My first holiday (Part 2)

Well mummy has FINALLY let me get back to writing !!
Where was I? ....... oh! that's right, I was having fun at the Cairns Lagoon.
This amazing lagoon is fantastic for little people like me - it is really shallow and I just wanted to play....and play....and play...and play....and play (do you get the picture!).

and play.....

and play!

the three of us thanks to a passer by...

Anyway, we also went on a Cruise to "Moore Reef" on the Great Barrier Reef - I had heaps of fun but mummy and daddy got a bit green around the gills on the way there. Mummy was my hero though and took me out into the little 'children's swimming pool' on the pontoon out there. There was no island to get out onto, so we just had to spend our time on the boat or the pontoon. Mummy decided the best thing to help her was to have a snorkel - daddy decided to eat food. I would have loved to do both but mummy and daddy wouldn't let me snorkel - that's for another day they tell me - not sure who will take me out there though 'cause neither of them are stepping on another boat they said ?!? Here's a couple of photo's of the cruise anyway.
the 'children's pool'

daddy and me on the boat

mummy and me having a loud 'aaahhhh' competition :)

Most of our time was spent in the Lagoon - walking, playing in parks or in our apartment. The apartment was good and we looked out from our balcony onto the pool area. We cooked most of the time (at least mummy did). We also had a great day on our second last day and hired a car and went to a place called Kuranda. It was a really good fun day - here are some more photo's (mummy ALWAYS has that camera thing pointed in my face!!!).





We also visited 'Granite Gorge' ... now this was what I call fun! I got to hand feed rock wallabies! they are so cute up close and one even had a little baby in it's pouch...made me look like a giant!



Mummy and Daddy said it has been a really wonderful holiday, but they are very happy to be home. The trip home on the plane wasn't so good for them - they never slept and I slept after about 2 hours (and 1/2 an hour of screaming the plane down) - we arrived back in Melbourne at about 11.45pm and I was just about ready to party! Mum and dad were party poopers though - so I decided I had enough and slept most of the way to Lilydale. Another adventure for me and mummy said another of her greatest memories made and lots and lots of fun had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ebony looks just sooooo cute with a suntan! Love T&T