Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wrapping presents....

For those of you that know me well - you will probably know that I have wrapped many, many presents in my time.....mostly with painstaking care because it's something I've always loved doing. Well - that was until I wrapped a present for my own daughter. Now I really know what wrapping pleasure is all about. I hadn't even thought about it until I was doing it last night - but it was the most wonderful feeling - this present is the very first present we will give our daughter (at least the first that is wrapped!). It's nothing special to look at really - it's just so significant to me and it was total joy to be able to do it and know that it is for her. Another one of those things I've waited such a long, long time to do - without me even being aware of this one. There are many, many things I do that were just part of my life before - that I now think of as being so much more special. I'm blessed beyond words - I have the most incredible daughter....and in only a few days I will celebrate the joy of her second birthday.



2 comments:

Cristina said...

What a beautiful present Jen! I am sure that Ebony will love it. I pray that you will have a joyous birthday celebration, and make sure that you take LOTS of photos to share!
Love, hugs and blessings,
Cristina (almost there...)

Anonymous said...

Priceless Blog Jen. I can't wait for Eb to be old enough to understand just how important and precious she is to you! Keep on celebrating the "small" things (or at least the things that I take for granted) because it's always great to be reminded!
Love you lots
Bernie