Monday, August 20, 2007

2 years ago today...Ebony's birth

a mother somewhere in China gave birth to a beautiful baby girl - that little girl had a destiny to be ours. Her pain on this day was physical pain - laced with the emotional pain of what this birth would mean for her and for her daughter.
This day will always be a day I celebrate - a day when I will always think of that amazing woman who would struggle so much in the days that lay ahead. A woman who today - 2 years later - is probably shedding tears for the daughter she would never know.
Once again - today - her pain is my joy. Her pain will at times be reflected in her daughter's eyes and yet my joy will also be reflected in my daughter's eyes.
I am so grateful to that precious woman for the chance she gave me that my own body couldn't. If I had one wish today - it would be that I could look that woman in the eye and tell her that her daughter is happy and well and that I am grateful beyond measure for the sacrifice she made.



No comments: