Monday, December 31, 2007

The end of 2007....what a year it has been

Well, it's now the final days of 2007. How do I describe the year of 2007 that I have just lived....I don't know where to start and won't try. It's been an amazing year. I've walked through much of it blind-folded as many new parents do - but I've survived and Ebony's morphed in the most beautiful daughter I could wish for - what more could I ask of this last year...nothing. But what I do ask of the year that lay ahead is for wisdom to help her do life well. That's no small ask - it's a very, very deep and difficult ask. Life is tough and because I'm older I desperately want to help her do the journey of life as a 'complete' person (I hear many say 'yeah sure') - but I want to try. I want to help her be confident, but not TOO confident.....happy, but not unaware of the sadness in the world......joyful in all things - good or bad, wise - but only pain brings wisdom...gosh it's SO hard. Anyway - to end this entry, enjoy a few (more) photo's of our family enjoying time down at the local river and pool. A strange ending to an entry like this - but there are times when it's just hard to find the words....


me and my little princess


words just won't do it....


and this is exactly what the two of them are like together


...melt your heart stuff ???

Who LOVES the pool????

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ebony is beautiful. I'm glad I found your blog.