Saturday, December 08, 2007

Testing times with a toddler

....well - the innocence is fast disappearing and I'm left shell-shocked after a really hard 24 hours of parenting ... (sorry for all those waiting - you may rather tune out here!)

First.....found my little girl standing precariously on top of the coffee table

Second.....found her in her cot undressed

Third.....found her with Daddy's somewhat differently shaped reading glasses in her hands


Forth....found her on the floor with the contents of her sunscreen all around her


that was yesterday.......

Today, so far, I've found her after she's been awake for 45 minutes - in her cot with the broken pieces of one of the more beautiful mobiles she's been given.


All I can say at the moment is.....it's time to move the lipstick and eyeliners and nail polish!
And to find my sense of humour! :)

6 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh dear... I am getting an idea as to what I am in for... lol... hope it all goes well from now and not worse...

Sanders' Double Happiness said...

You go, Ebony! Keep your mama and daddy busy and on their toes! Tell 'em it's the best ride imaginable!!!

oxox
Stacey
Suixi Friend

Cristina said...

Hang in there Jen - it WILL get better! Just to make you laugh, I will tell you about a friend of mine's toddler, who disappeared one day at Grandma's house. They found her perched on the WHITE bedspread using the RED lipstick to colour in!!!! And then there was the other toddler I know who SET FIRE to his grandma's new carpet!!! What is it with toddlers and Grandmas I wonder??? Better tell your mum to be aware!!!

Blessings,
Cristina xx

Anonymous said...

What can I say Jen, but welcome to the world of the curious toddler, I (or to be more precise my Camille) can totally relate to all that Ebony has done. All you can say is that it's an healthy intetest into cause and effect.....
Go Ebs!!!! (and yes Mum it's time everything was put out of reach of your gorgeous little girl!)

Love Vicki and Camille
XXXXXX

Sam said...

Hey Jen,

Last night I discovered your journey. Behind every beautiful face their is a journey of life that often is unknown. You have been a person that has crossed my path and made me smile on so many occasions and I'm so happy to read that you are smiling and happiness has made it into your heart. Our God is good. So very very good. Jen you made an imprint on my heart when we met and I can see that this little girl has imprinted and wrapped herself around yours.

Life can be so crushing at times but our God will always bless us with the prayer that is in our hearts.

I'm also a first time now and with its challenges their is much love, joy and happiness.

All the best to you and Graham with your journey with little baby Ebony.

With Love

Samxxx

Anonymous said...

I sympathise with you, it can be such a tough time and some days are worse than others. I remember going around singing "some days are diamonds, some days are stones" just to try and make myself laugh - it didn't always work, but it sure helped!
It's also good to remember to take it to God in prayer - he loves to hear about toddlers!
Keep up the great work! Love lots, Bern