Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Then it was Christmas Day

Oh what a day - for so, so many reasons.

But firstly - special because for years and years I had waited to wake up on Christmas morning and watch the joy of my own child opening her presents. I can't tell you - there's just no way to describe - what that wait has been like and ..... how worthwhile the wait has been. I also can't describe the joy that I saw on Ebony's face when she saw the very first present. I can't even show you because I decided that I wanted to enjoy watching rather than have my face firmly planted behind a camera as so often happens. I had a 'santa sack' for her, but on top of it was a pressie from one of her Suixi buddies - and that was what she saw first and that was what bought the first absolutely glee filled look. It was precious and amazing and wonderful and beautiful. She was the only child in the house at the time - my Mum and Dad and my big brother were staying with us so they got to enjoy the festivities too. She was centre of attention....exactly what I feel she deserved to be after 2 Christmases that simply haven't been celebrated. She had SO much fun opening each present and later in the day she didn't understand why she couldn't open all the presents when her cousins arrived! But she coped.
We went to Church too, as a family, and it also was a truly special and wonderful experience. Finally at home, in our Church, as a family with God watching over - watching our joy unfold - as He has put the pieces of our lives together over the years leading up to this moment. I had some very teary moments during Church - but they were all healing tears.

It truly was an amazing day for my heart more than anything. I was a bit subdued in the morning just taking it all in and loving feeling that place in my heart finally fill with the joy this little girl spread into it. It's been a long hard road - but if my life were to end tomorrow I would know that today I finally got to see and experience what I've dreamed of and believed for most of my life....all of my adult life.


what fun is this....


presents! wow!....


and new things to play with !!!


not to mention more carols!

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hope your christmas was a good one and that 2008 is just as better... love to Alice too... I just love that name... take care