Wednesday, January 23, 2008

and the five winners are......

It wasn't that hard really. There are a number of precious people whose lives I follow thanks to their blogs - people who have enriched my journey through life through their honesty - their humour or just their personality which shines through....so who are my nominees.......

Chelley - for being an amazing person. One I never met but who has loved and supported me through the lead up to adopting my precious girl. Chelley even had a gorgeous Tea Set here waiting for Ebony very soon after I brought her home. A gift Ebony loves and I treasure simply because of the kind hearted person who sent it. Good on you Chel!

Vicki - my batch buddy. Vicki and I traveled to China together and picked up our beautiful daughters on the same day. Her daughter Camille is 3 days older than my Ebony and although they are chalk and cheese I hope that the future will bring a wonderful friendship for them both. Special in a similar way to how Vicki is to me.

Susan - because she also has shared this adoption journey with me - even though she lives such a long way away (some where in the United States!). Susan and I became friends because of really horrible circumstances when her Log In Date was included in referrals but she didn't get her referral until the next month. It was so awful for me here, let along for Susan and her family. Susan is an amazing woman and she took it in stride as best she could and stayed positive until that call finally came!

Cindy - who probably won't be able to respond because her and her family of 1 husband and 3 sons leave for China in just under 2 weeks to pick up their new daughter Jade .... and I remember only too well how busy this time is! I only recently met Cindy (via email) and I think she's very, very special. I'll be joyfully following her journey to Jade.

Kitta - I met Kitta by email before we left to pick up Ebony. Her daughter "Elisabet" is 8 days older than Ebony and comes from the same Orphanage in Suixi, Guangdong and we both picked up our girls on the same day. Kitta is in Iceland and her website is mostly in her language, but there is a section on the left that is an English version and I love seeing the photo's anyway!. Kitta and I actually got to 'hug' each other at the White Swan but unfortunately didn't connect again until we were back in our own Countries. I love the way Kitta loves her daughter - her and I are very similar.

Rules:

1. Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.

2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.

3. In their post about the award they need to link back to this entry.

4. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to this site.

So - I've done it and I loved doing it. I really hope no-one minds me putting their links on my page......please let me know if you do! You are all very special people and it was a real pleasure to dwell on each of your journey's and write about YOU! Thank you for the privilege of allowing me a glimpse into your world.

6 comments:

OziMum said...

Chelley has followed me along too!!!

All worthy candidates!

Chelley said...

Awwww Thank you so very much Jen!!

YOu are such a sweet and lovely person! I hope one day we get to meet!!!

Susan said...

Very Sweet,Jen! Thank you. You are such a positive spiritual person and A great mom for Ebony!

Anonymous said...

Jen - what a lovely surprise... Thankyou... & Thanks for the breathing space until we get home from China :-) Although there are so many that have helped me along my journey that it will be an honour to do this... Thanks for sharing your wonderful journey - I hope to see you very soon...

Anonymous said...

A belated thanks for being nominated Jen! This blog has enabled us to share so many special moments...........

And my blog would only have been possible with your help. Thank you!!!

Our darling girls, Ebony and Camille. What a joy to watch them grow up and through our blogs enable others to share our journey.

Love and kisses Vicki xxxx

Cristina said...

Hi Jen. I have just tagged you on my blog, so come on over!!

Cristina xx