Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tagged!

Well - I've been tagged once before and never got to respond due to my silly internet connection....this time I will (no offence please Chel - if you tag me again I promise I'll follow through!). Thanks to Cristina I now have to work out what to do! Here goes...

I have to link the person who sent this to you (done!) and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. So here's my seven strange/weird facts:

1. I've wanted to have children since I was able to hold them.....and that's VERY young - yet it took until my late 40's to finally have that dream become a reality...and certainly not in the way I expected.

2. My Dad is a world champion.....lawn bowler. He has a silver medal from the Commonwealth Games that were held in Edmonton, Canada and he holds an Order of Australia Medal for his commitment to bowling.

3. My Mum was a very accomplished gymnast who opted to get engaged/married to Dad rather than further what was a blossoming future in sport. Mind you it's probably a very good thing - her back is in terrible shape, probably as a result.

4. I'm one of 4 children, but the only one who has any desire to travel/live in the Country/dine out/enjoy craft...the list goes on. I'd think I was the postman's if it weren't for my looking similar to and having the mannerisms of my parents!

5. I have a saying 'the older you get the further away old age gets' - now I feel I'm living it because here I am approaching 50! and I still have long hair - once I looked at older people (people my age now) with long hair and thought it looked totally wrong (but then maybe it does an no-one's telling me!).

6. Gosh this is hard!.......I really like people....and yet I really dislike talking on the phone....Oh! and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE scrapbooking :)

7. I've lived in more placed that I care to think about. I'm nomadic I think! Originally it started because Dad worked for the Bank of New South Wales (in Victoria - all my 'homes' have been in the State of Victoria) and we had 7 moves before I was 15! Then I continued on. Where I'm living now is #20 since I left home! Even I can't believe that - but it's true. I don't easily put down roots and even though we've built this magnificent home - it's the views that keep me at the moment....not the home. That's just who I am I guess :)

Now for 7 people to tag! that will be hard too.

1. Susan

2. Rachel

3. Katie

4. Mary

5. Fliss

6. Heather

7. Cindy

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for tagging me. I wish I had the time to do it, but I have a million things to do lately. You are awesome!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sorry for taking a while in getting back... work right now is for us very busy... busy time of the year... thanks for tagging me but since I have already done it... for those interested can pop on over to read what I wrote - take care