Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Then family arrived....

Friday my brother Mark, his wife Bern and their two gorgeous girls Beccy 6 and Lizzie 4..along with my darling niece Renee (12) arrived. We decided to go to the snow on Saturday because there is a Pete the Dragon show we thought the girls would really enjoy so we donned our gear, hired what needed to be hired and headed off. We had an absolute ball. It makes SUCH a difference when you have the right gear! I was warm as toast. Eb wasn't too keen at first, but it wasn't long before she was in there making snowmen and sliding down slopes. The snow was wonderful. We had dinner up there at the 'Cock 'n Bull' and they were so lovely to us. Poor little Lizzie was the only one not correctly attired (always make sure kids have good warm boots!) so she was freezing by the time we got to the restaurant (snow in her gum boots - no insulation) and they were kind enough to take her pants and sox and give her a snow suit while they dried her clothes for her - they were amazing... and so was the meal. Sadly my brother wasn't too well, but he soldiered on!

We had such a great time in the 5 days they were here. Bern and I got to go for walks and then Bern helped me prepare for the guests that arrived the day they left. It was the best time we've had together for a long, long time. I was very sad to see them go. Thankfully, Renee stayed!

Mostly, Eb and Lizzie played together and then Renee and Beccy - it worked really well. The weather was just totally perfect all round. What a great time!

Eb and Lizzie having breakfast

Renee and Beccy

My brother Mark...no words...sorry!

My SIL Bern - having fun as she always does!

My girl once she'd 'warmed up'

Renee

Snow off one of the roofs

Me and my little girl about to 'slide' down...

Snow fun...

I love this one of Lizzie helping Eb up

My girl

Gorgeous Lizzie

My solomn brother and Eb

One of the resorts at Falls Creek - an outside pool in the snow!

a blurry lens !!

Four beautiful cousins

PJ cousins!

Eb and Lizzie watching playschool together



And then their last morning together....

No comments: