Sunday, February 07, 2010

Camping fun...

Graham had to go to Abbey Yard near Lake Buffalo to do some plumbing. He needed to be there for 2 nights so we decided to join him. We had to take two cars so I headed there after Kinder had finished Thursday.

I had no idea the people who Graham was working for would be there - but they were and it was SUCH a treat for Eb and for me. I was really very exhausted. I've been working long into the night to catch up on Graham's business and the B&B's. Having these wonderful people there and having them embrace Ebony the way they did left me speechless. The are truly precious people. I got a few hours completely to myself on the Friday and a lovely sleep for a few hours on Saturday. All because they were willing to just let Eb 'chill' with them. She helped a lot and I have some lovely photo's below of some of the things she loved doing.

Sadly, Thursday night it bucketed down! The poor camper trailer tent still isn't seasoned and it dripped over Eb's bed (and on it!) but not enough to wet here. Needless to say the next day (thankfully the sun shone) I had to spend some time drying things out. Seems every time we've taken the camper trailer it's either been freezing or very wet! We'll have to break that soon :)

The only bad thing about the weekend was the 'jumping jacks' (if you've never heard of them, click on the link...they are horrible. I coped a bite a number of years ago and after 3 months I was still suffering with terrible pain and itch and had to have a biopsy done to remove the 'stinger' that had been left behind. Sadly there are plenty of them on this property and I didn't come prepared. Eb only had crocs and thankfully I put in one pair of socks! So - needless to say she sure didn't cut it in the fashion stakes...but she had a ball!

We were stunned when she really cried very, very sad tears when we told her we had to pack up and go home. Now THAT has never happened before! My heart wept for her :)

These are some photo's of "camping Ebby style"....










Eb and Di (the wife of the couple who own the land)....Di was so wonderful with Eb


Our camp for a few nights...we even had baths in the river although we were lucky enough to have a toilet!


This is an absolute favorite from the weekend. Les is Malcom's Dad - he's 80 years young and still does SO much - he's amazing and he took to Eb like he was his own Grand daughter. What a special man he is...


The flower of a pumpkin.... (camera experiment..)


and a thistle...


Hard at work...


My girl on the mound of stones she named her 'castle'


....up on top of the castle with her gloves on....


Having fun with Daddy...


Beautiful sunset.....


Around the fireplace...


Malcolm teaching Eb how to cook pancakes.....


Eb eating her yummy bush pancakes...




She loves pancakes with honey and 'sprinkles'!!!


Climbing back onto her 'castle'...


A game of cricket with Daddy.....


'Come on Daddy...get it right!'

No comments: