Thursday, April 25, 2013

You at 7.5

Hmmm...well, you're a little past 7.5, but not too much.

I delight in you my sweet child.  You are amazing, sensitive, loving and caring.

I so enjoy the pictures and stories you are writing at the moment and I love how, when you are with friends, you write each other letters.  You don't hesitate to put 'love' Ebony...even though some children do.  Is that good?  I don't know but I love it anyway.

You're reading at around level 22 now....such a big jump.  Only last week you've jumped from 19 to 22.  You blow me away with your antics and your words and your ability now to understand things and the way you try your best to express things.

I get 'you're the best mum' a LOT now.  We get on so well.  As soon as I take some time to sit on the couch and watch something we both enjoy (The Block, Masterchef, kids movies, The Voice) you can't sit beside me and snuggle in quickly enough.

If there's work to be done outside or in the garage you are (mostly) very quick to come and help.  If there's something happening at school you are quick to write a card or put together some of your toys to give away.

When we went to Bendigo and walked around a market you saw an aboriginal painting and you said 'please mummy, can I give that to Jo (your art teacher).  It was only $15 so I agreed.  This week you were able to give it to her and Jo was incredibly touched and sent home a lovely note to you and I.  Your heart makes my heart sing.

You still love your barbies and you love your collection of stuffed toys.

I recently bought you 'The Beginners Bible' because the one you had was really a 'baby bible' and the alternative was small but so was the print!!!!.  I wasn't sure which one to select so the lady in the Christian bookshop in Bright pointed me toward this bible.  It wasn't my choice but she was so right!  It came with a twin CD which holds all the words and stories in the actual Bible and I am finding you in your room with the CD playing on your iPod while you follow along with the book.  L.O.V.E.

You are loving our 'new' Church and really enjoying Kids Church.  Not at first because of change, but last week you were happy to go without a backward look.  Once again a happy/sad mummy moment.

I love you my sweet child....and miss the yesterdays as I look forward to the tomorrows xx

No comments: