Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wow! what a weekend....party, party, party!

More celebrations. I decided some time ago to have a party down in Melbourne for Ebony's birthday because that is where most of her 'little' friends are. We left on Thursday night and Eb fell asleep about 10 minutes before our destination of course. Then she didn't get to sleep until about 10.30pm. We stayed with my brother Mark, my sister-in-law Bernie and their gorgeous girls Beccy (5) and Lizzie (3.3). Then on Friday we had a big day of shopping then visiting some friends. Daddy went to the football so only Ebby and I visited. We had a lovely time with Michele, Pat, Stuart and Steph and Eb got some more lovely presents. Watching Pat try to put together a childs plastic 3 wheeler was more fun that I can put into words! It was another 9.30pm night for my girl though.
Saturday dawned and I was hard into the cake to be ready for the 2pm party. I had no idea how long a cake could take, but I was very happy with the outcome.

I put Eb to bed at 11am and she thankfully went to sleep immediately then woke on cue at 1pm. I dressed her ready for her 'Fairy Party' at 'Koko Jumbo' in Lilydale - an indoor play centre. Well! the children had an absolute ball - it was great to watch. There are some photo's for you to enjoy of course!


One very happy family celebrating a precious miracles 3rd birthday! (again!)

some of the 'guests'

"Hip, hip, hooray!"

"Cake!!!!!" yummy

Mema (my Dad's Mum), Pa and Nana enjoying some cake too!

Eb and Molly in the ball pit

And Eb in the ball pit

Straight after the party finished we had to go home, get changed out of Fairy attire and get ready for my darling niece's 21st celebration.

Birthday girl number two!

Eb is amazing how she fits into so many different places without question. She just walked in to my sister's where there where quite a few people - and she was like she was at home. Having 'Bec Bec and Sizzie' there helped of course. We had a lovely night and 'Benee' organised a 'pass the parcel' for the 3 younger children - what was so funny was how Eb wasn't in the LEAST interested in the 'parcel' - all she wanted was the music! Every time Renee stopped the music Eb stops dancing and looks at Renee and says 'music?'. It was so funny!

....why stop the music Benee?

..that's better!

ok - this isn't so bad - you actually get more presents!

Eb and Nana

a pensive Renee

Anyway - Jess is now 21 and the celebration was wonderful. She did a great speech, as did her Dad. How amazing is life. It seems like only yesterday I held her in my arms for the first time and cried - now she's an independent 21 year old and a very fine one at that!

Sunday we just packed and headed home. Had hoped to go to Careforce, but we decided Eb had had enough and I'm actually glad we made that decision. It was home to her own bed and much needed catch-up sleep!

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a great party! And i love the picture of Ebony on the top of your blog in her snow coat! WOW! Very precious.
Love and friends,
Susan- USA