Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A photo I want to revisit

I look at this photo and I feel a kind of melancholy feeling....my little girl is growing up so quickly. I sat quietly before I took this photo and thought about how she was feeling. She obviously wanted to go and play with the other children..but didn't quite have the confidence. She was a bit in awe and probably feeling a bit uncertain. I had to grab the camera because of the feelings that welled up inside me. I know another journey of letting go is fast approaching as I look at this photo and another journey I'm not ready for yet. My sweetheart is growing and starting to realize what is out there in the big wide world. I'm glad I'm aware of these 'lasts'. I can only hang onto the moment I'm living in - I can't hang onto the future...or the past.

Mummy loves you sweetheart and I hope I'm here for the many years to come when you feel a bit uncertain like you look in this photo.

No comments: