Friday, March 06, 2009

Fourth Kinder

Today was really hard. Eb was already distressed before I even got out of the car.
I decided the best thing to do was to stay until she was settled. Lou - the teacher - came up to me and said the best think I could do was simply to go. Simply. Hmm - nothing is that simple. But I did understand and decided she was right. Ebony was screaming - I was crying - Lou was hugging us both and then I tried to pass Eb to Lou and she clung like a little Koala. But I just had to tear her away and walk away. I got in the car and wept. Am I really doing the right thing? I just don't know.
Lou rang me about 15 minutes later and Ebony had settled.
When I walked back in there some 3 hours later Eb was doing fine - so I stepped back out to grab my camera and when I returned she had lost it again just because I had been there and then went. Thankfully she settled back in (as the photo's show) and then the teacher put up a slide show of photo's taken of Eb during the session and she was happy and contented. What a relief. Hopefully next week will be even better!

at least she was happy and ready to go!


happy to see me again ...... with snugly of course!


joining in the fun

No comments: