Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Life

The aftermath of the bushfires.
I had to go to Wangaratta today so that Ebony could see the Pediatrician (that's for the next post).
You may be able to grasp my joy as I drove through the bushfire ravaged area between us and Myrtleford and saw that there was now new growth appearing. It's been one month and 3 days today and it's so beautiful to see the green just starting to brave showing it's face to the world again. I was really moved - so much so that on the way home I had to stop and take a photo or two. Isn't nature one of the most wonderful and fascinating things? - it's ability to recover leaves me very, very humbled.



1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sorry it has been a while since visiting.... life has been crazy... as you can imagine... all the photos are looking gorgeous and as for the tree regrowth... the one bad thing about a bushfire... is the regrowth...
Hugs to you and a big hi to Australia for me... I am actually listening on-line to an Australian radio station that I use to work at when I was alot younger and it was one from Newcastle (my hometown) there are TONS of radio stations to listen to...