Monday, September 28, 2009

Families with children from China Cultural Camp Day 2

Day 2 - another big day ahead! Eb and Mei were so excited to see each other and have some time together (as the photo's show!). They had a ball and I think they could have continued playing together for hours. But, we had a big day ahead, so off we went to the Sailing Club for more activities.


First up was Tai-Chi on the lawns which we thoroughly enjoyed doing. After that we did 'Kite making' which was an enormous success. I've never seen a kite fly so well! The children got to decorate them first, then put them together, then fly them. The weather was absolutely perfect for flying kites - the children had so much fun (and so did the Adults!).

Eb and her friends and their Mummy's or Daddy decorating their kite...




then the kite flying began....




Next was a lovely lunch at the Sailing Club ...

...and then the children had some time playing games while the adults were able to listen to 2 adult Vietnamese adoptees.

This was the only adult part of the program I was able to experience and I found it very, very interesting. I wish it was taped though! It's hard to remember now with so much happening.
The event co-ordinator has done a great job of providing a corner with a variety of different games for the children (covering all ages) to play in. Ebony had so much fun playing there quietly.

In the afternoon in was 'Mask Painting' - again a real hit with the children. Sadly Ebony and Mei and Alice's masks have gone missing! Eb's was such a 'work of art' too :).


...hard at it!...

Mei's creation...

Eb's creation....

the aftermath!...


Then it was time for a bit of 'fun on the beach' for the 3 batch buddies!
can't you just see them in 15 years time!....




This evening there was a showing of 'Kung Fu Panda', but I just knew Ebony needed an early night - so she got one (after a bit more fun with Mei) ...

while Ruth and I shared a glass of wine or two!
...finally....sleep!


Oh! had to share the amazing and beautiful view we have from our lounge area!

1 comment:

Susan said...

She is so beautiful!!! What a grown up girl! I have pictures of Anna on Facebook if you look in my albums. I don't have time for the blog. Facebook is easier because my friends and family can update quickly and daily and I can check it fast. Take care!