Saturday, May 31, 2008

A holiday to remember - Narooma with my parents

Yep – we’ve been ‘on the road again’. This time we’ve travelled all the way to Narooma on the mid-south coast of New South Wales. I hoped to make the trip in one day but it wasn’t to be. Long story – but I ended up getting a motel in Cooma and had a lovely relaxing long sleep there and got on the road fresh and ready the next day.


My little angel sleeping in the big bed



Then waking the next morning


Trying to play hide and seek before we left

650kms later we arrived on Thursday to see the final few ends of my Dad bowling. We had a lovely 7 nights and it was real joy to see Eb spending time with her Pa and Nana and them all getting to know each other better (and Dad and Mum learning to understand Eb’s gabble!).

For me, one of the greatest joys was spending really great quality time with my girl. Every day, after Eb woke from her afternoon sleep, we went for a walk somewhere. Sometimes it was just around the streets and sometimes to a park. One day we walked 3km (yep Eb walked it!) to the ocean and had a wonderful time on the sand and taking photo’s.

While we’ve been away Eb’s learned to say ‘fwight’, she’s answered OK to a question, she’s started to tell me when she ‘hurts’ herself, she got to enjoy her first ever chocolate donut! – she learned that to wave to someone is different to the waves on the ocean – she learned to play ‘stop’ and ‘go’ when we’re walking – she frightened the life out of me a number of times on the wharf when she got a bit close for comfort and kept wanting to ‘lean’ into the water – she happily lay in bed with me for ½ to ¾ hour after she woke while we waited for 7am before we got her bottle – she played beautifully by herself often and didn’t watch too much TV – she tried on all of Pa and Nana’s shoes – she did LOTS of singing – she looked at the ocean and said ‘washing’.

It was such a special time - a special holiday. Very different with 'daddy' not being there - but we coped ok. The weather was very kind to us and I just loved having really carefree time with my little girl - thanks to my precious Dad and Mum for making it possible. I love you both.

Reading with Nana


Very cute photo of Eb mimicking Pa


Sweet princess


Checking out the scenery


and the play equipment


couldn't pass up a photo of the spectacular views on our walks


too cute


first ever merry-go-round


and first ever chocolate donut!


a cuddle with mummy by the ocean


hip-hip-hooray beside the 'aussie map' in the rocks at Narooma


just a cute shot

a final walk with Nana


and finally, the last photo of Pa, Nana and Eb just before we left to come home.

1 comment:

Chelley said...

Aww can Ebony get any CUTER!!! Really I cant see how she does it everytime I see a new pic of her!


Sounds like a wonderful time and this gal sure does know how to have a FUN time!