Thursday, May 01, 2008

2 years, 8 months and 11 days

Today is a day to celebrate! – the day we can finally say we have had our precious Ebony longer than the SWI. Our influence now matches the influence of the first 16+ months of her life. What a milestone – what a wonderful day. I have thought of this day many, many times over the past 16 months. Times when I struggled with what I saw her going through, times when I watch her reactions to things and knew they were most likely because of her days in the orphanage. Those many days and months, where she had good care – but not love like she knows it today. Now, finally, we have influenced her more and thankfully we see the results when she comes to us and openly hugs us or even kisses us. What a journey this has been – has it been worth it? – you bet your life it has. Hang in there if you feel the wait is interminable....it will be so worth it one day.
Thank you God for the miracle of adoption.

3 comments:

Chelley said...

I cried my way though this post Jen!

It was writen so well and it was writen from the heart....

hug to you and to your hubby and to your Little Miracle Ebony...

I feel that I have been very blessed to have been able to read along and share the sad times and the happy times

Chelley said...

A wish from the heart, a whole lotta love and hugz
HAPPY Mother's Day !

Susan said...

It is a milestone. I ahve noticed a change in Anna alot lately. It is like she is finally "Ours". It is hard to explain but I have felt a little distance between her and us until recently. Happy Mothers Day, Jen!