Monday, April 28, 2008

A Melbourne visit.....

and another jam-packed visit at that!

We arrived on Wed night, unpacked and headed straight over the Graham's children's for dinner. It was a lovely night, but Eb didn't settle like she normally would - I think too long in the car and then out again.
Thursday morning we were up bright and early and headed to THE ZOO! I was far more excited than Eb - she had no idea. It was fantastic - we didn't get to see anything like as much as I wanted to see - but what we saw Eb loved, although I do think another few months will see her enjoy it even more. We saw the tiger, monkeys, butterfly's, elephant and ! the meerkats ! which I love :)

Eliza, Eb and Mei in awe of the big Tiger

Mei, Camille and Eb have a 'ride' on a cement version :)

Eliza, Eb, Mei and Camille together with the carved Elephants

and my sweet girl on one

You can just see the big Orangutan in the background

We then visited Sandi, Steve, Molly and their darling son (just returned from China) Ming. He is delightful and he's a REAL boy. Loves all the boy things. Ming is 3 and 3 months so it's been an interesting journey for Steve, Sandi and Molly - but I think they are doing so well - raising up to the challenge and giving this precious little man a life that he never could have known in China. Good on you guys - you're doing a wonderful job. Sadly I didn't take any photo's! I can't believe it :(
We then headed home for the night and some play time with cousins Beccy and Lizzie - Eb had a ball with all their toys...and them!

Drawing with Beccy and Lizzie

Friday it was on the road early again to visit Aunty Lyn, Manda, Aunty Lea and Gabriella. We had so much fun there too - it just wasn't long enough - although I'm just glad we had an hour or two.

Eb, Manda and Gabbi - 3 little China dolls

Then we visited my sister and her family. Eb had lots of fun playing with Jess (20) and Renee (11) - my 18yo nephew Chris had his newish girlfriend there...so we didn't get much sense out of him! I can't believe I didn't take photo's again!!! very unlike me.

Friday night we headed over to Chris, Ruth and Mei's for the next two nights. We had a lovely time, although we missed Chris who had to go to NZ to see his mum. The photo's really tell the story.

Playground fun


3 happy girls watching the Wiggles


then it was in the car and on the way home again!

1 comment:

Chelley said...

What a JAM packed trip!

And you were able to get some really nice photos!!!
Sounds like a nice trip!