Thursday, August 20, 2009

Somewhere in China.....

......there is a woman who I owe so very much to.
Today is the day she gave birth to a beautiful little girl - all approx. 7.7lbs (3.5kgs) and 50cms of her.
How does she feel today? I owe so much to this woman who is nameless and faceless.
Tears overflow onto my cheeks as I think of the pain she went though to bring this darling baby girl into the world. Did she know before Ebony was born that she would have to give her up - or was it Ebony's sex that determined her fate? Does she still grieve her today.... or does she live in a world where a calendar doesn't even exist? My heart so desperately wants to believe that she does grieve....but I will never know the answer....and either will my precious daughter. All I do know is that I am .... and always will be ..... grateful for her sacrifice. Grateful that she chose to give my darling little girl a life. I know that, if she does think of her today, she must wonder where she is and there is no way on this earth that I can let her know that her little baby girl is completely safe, completely loved and deeply cherished.
What an experience adoption is. The emotions it brings with it...especially on days like today are almost too difficult to put into words.
Thank you special 'China Mummy' - from a depth in my heart and my soul that really knows no bounds - I am forever grateful and humbled beyond measure for the gift you have given me...and for the child that my Lord chose for me.
Happy Forth birthday sweet daughter of mine. You are my sunshine...........

3 comments:

Tanya Tierney said...

Jen, if in any way Eb's birth mother could see how happy and wonderful Ebony is and what a beautiful, kind mother you are she would smile and know that Eb is exactly where she now belongs.

Chelley said...

this post bought me to tears.....

Cristina said...

Beautiful Jen....