Friday, March 26, 2010

Our final days with our dear friends....

So now our time is drawing to a close. It's been such a joy to spend time with this precious family. To get some insight into what their lives are like - to just be privileged enough to be able to make this journey. We have seen some amazing things - along with some very sad and some very eye opening.
We feel sad to be going home. I wish I could feel like I've done something constructive - but I think that will be for another trip. Now I have a better feel for their life.

So - I'll leave with some memories of our final days and some of the sights that are part of everyday life in Phnom Phen.

This is an 'outdoor kitchen' - just at the turn off to Paul and Katrina's house...


This is a drink I thoroughly enjoyed around a pool in central Phnom Phen. You can only swim there (it's at a Hotel) if you spend a whopping $5US (!) at their cafe. I spent my money on this little yummy delight....


I'll always remember this day because it was the day my darling daughter found enough confidence to put her head fully under water! .... and she loved it.




The girls dressed up for the last Church visit together


And dear Bob was so sweet to our little girl - I wasn't sure how she'd respond - but she loved the attention!


This photo was taken just before we took the children to school - the last time we would see them all before they come home...


Then it was a last reminder of the ridiculous traffic that is Phnom Phen :)


We ordered Eb the cutest pair of boots (a whole $12!...hand made) and went to collect them on our way....


Last precious moments together....


This little guy polished Paul's boots. Didn't cost much for Paul, but meant this little guy would eat again. It's so, so sad to see. While we enjoy ice-creams - he is trying his best to make a living.

No comments: