Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sleeping beauty

I don't think I will EVER tire of seeing my beautiful little sleeping beauty. It's so hard to believe that 3 years ago this precious little girl was sitting in a cot in China with absolutely no idea of what the future had in store for her.
She has come such a long, long way in that time. Her love for me is at such a different place to what it has ever been. Her trust and faith in me being around is still growing but I feel so much peace at her confidence in me as her mum. I don't always do the right thing I can assure you - but I do know that somehow in amongst all my weakness she is finding a true strength and I'm so grateful. I go into her room absolutely every night before I go to bed...sometimes more than once....to just watch her and take time to absorb how much she takes up of the bed now compared to 3 years ago when she was a dot in a cot.
Time is passing way to quickly. I almost get a panic attack feeling when I think of her being at Kinder for 3 mornings a week next year. I'm just NOT ready. I think I'll need something extra special to help me through that first week of her being away. No only being away, but being a different little girl in the face of being influenced by so many other little lives around her!

No comments: