Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tasmania Day 6 - Last full day

Today dawned as the most perfect day imaginable to wake up at Freycinet Bay. The sky was the most beautiful, clear blue. I couldn't believe our luck! We headed off for a very yummy breakfast at the Lodge overlooking the crystal clear water. We could have been anywhere in the world!

Our breakfast venue...




with amazing views....






ooohhh this one will always be a special photo...I love it!

After Breakfast we decided on a walk. We drove to where we planned, but didn't end up there so took a short 20 min walk before we made our way to our destination....Wineglass Bay lookout. Here's were I was a bit of a silly Mummy. I decided not to take water for myself because if I drink it I need a bathroom...and none were to be found on the walk. I did however, forget about my darling daughter. I had no idea it was going to be quite the walk it was nor that it would end up as warm as it did. Needless to say - after about 25 mins of a 'moderate' walk (which is NOT an easy walk) I said to Graham that the first time Eb asked for water we would have to turn back. She was so amazing and she did so well without water. She walked most of the way and we made it to the Coles Bay lookout which was still spectacular - then she asked for water so we turned back. All in all she walked some 90 minutes that morning and barely complained. We have such a little trooper. I was very proud of her.

Some of the spectacular views on our first walk...




...another very VERY special photo!








Then we started walk #2






Safe in Daddy's arms...


Yep! I can still put her up there at the moment!...


Another wonderful opportunity to enjoy the wildlife!


We then had a bit of a look around and headed back to Launceston at a relaxed pace. It was beautiful and a very special day or so with just the 3 of us.

No comments: